Life does get better! But first.... here's Step#1.

10:14 PM Ghettomomma 0 Comments

On the 1st day of year 2014, I made a decision to strive for Change. Setting Goals and laying out a game plan were the first steps.

My goals were simple really. To be able to  provide the best life that I can for the boys. That meant, being there for them financially, emotionally and physically. Hello, Single Parenting! 

Big decisions had to be made. Should I get a second job? Will it be worth the time it takes me away from my kids? Will I be able to handle it without crashing? What's the best plan to go with? 

I knew right there that if I wanted to reach my goals, I needed a change of lifestyle. I needed to be sooo sick of where my life is at the moment and be as motivated as I can to get out of it. 

We were at that point of having close to nothing, didn't know where to find money for rent, surviving through discounted meals at work, giving up the comforts of our big bedroom to squeeze in a smaller one. All that and $20,000 worth of debt -I am still trying to figure out where it came from. 

I cried that one weekend when my boys wanted pizza and I could not squeeze any money out of my pocket for it. 

But here we are, halfway through the year, we are surviving. 

I am at the "healthiest" or "fittest" I've ever been in my life, I learned to face one of my biggest fears in life - the road and driving, I own a $900 #ghettocar, I have started re-building my photography business, and guess what! The boys and I can finally afford weekend pizzas, even date nights. I also start a new full time job next week which I'm really excited about. Oh, and a reduced debt of $8,000. Win! 

I'm here to share my story because if you are in the same place, I want you to know that you can do it and that life does get better. 

I think we have been super blessed to be surrounded by amazing family and friends that continue to help us, share their experiences and give advices especially with things that i know nothing about. 

"Set goals and put together a game plan. Challenge yourself daily and watch for progress. Do your research but also more importantly, don't be afraid to ask for help." 

Thats all for tonight :) 
This momma needs to catch up on sleep. Happy weekend! 

Let's do this, 
GhettoMomma 

0 comments: